Our people are our best asset! In addition to any specific positions we are currently looking to fill, we are always interested in finding people with talents and experience to complement our team. If you are interested in being a part of the Genera Energy team, let us hear from you: email@example.com.
Title Business Development Associate
Location Vonore, TN
Reports to Vice President, Business Development
The Business Development Associate works with the Vice President, Business Development, to develop new customer prospects and interacts with existing customers to manage contracts and increase sales of Genera’s services. This position is expected to promote positive relations with partners, customers, vendors, and the public and to provide information to the Company by collection, analyzing, and reporting relevant data and trends. Familiarity with a variety of the concepts, practices, and procedures related to biomass production, logistics, and conversion is desired. The Business Development Associate is expected to generate new customer leads that turn into realized contracts for the company. This position should be filled by a person with an outgoing, dynamic personality who can interact easily with diverse groups of people.
The Business Development Associate of Genera shall be one of the primary market facing positions of the Company and will engage business prospects, customers and commercialization partners on a regular basis. Responsibilities include identifying and evaluating new business prospects; understanding customers’ needs; developing appropriate solutions and proposals in line with the Company’s goals and priorities; developing and monitoring budgets and expenditure schedules; meeting market and sales financial objectives; establishing pricing strategies; recommending selling prices; monitoring costs, competition, supply, and demand; and closing commercial deals. The Business Development Associate reports directly to the Vice President, Business Development and shall provide data and performance reports as requested by the VP, COO, or CEO and perform other such duties as assigned by the VP, COO or CEO, in accordance with the Company’s overall scope and strategy.
- Assist in the implementation of the business strategy of the company, including developing strategic customer targets and screening criteria and tools for evaluating business opportunities.
- Expand, refine, and implement business, project, and other economic analysis tools, including as well as general corporate financial analysis modeling for individual projects, including project capital investment and cash flow.
- Assist in conducting project feasibility studies.
- Responsible for identification of new customers, development and management of relationships with key customers for the company. The position, with the VP, Business Development, serves as a liaison between the company and key customers to instill confidence in the company’s ability to deliver economical and sustainable feedstocks to meet customer specifications and demands.
- Plan approach and actual delivery of customer pitches
- Successful conversion of proposals into finalized business deals
- Track activity on accounts, establish new accounts and close deals to meet sales targets.
- Identify opportunities for products and services and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales and/or revenue.
- Provide leadership for the development of customer proposals
- Design and give quality presentations to customers and others
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience providing leadership for customer development, marketing and communication, and/or sales; significant experience in developing, proposing, and closing on business agreements.
- Minimum of B.S. Degree in a related field; business, marketing and communications, plant sciences, natural resources, or equivalent is preferred. Requires experience working with graduate degree professionals. Education in science is also desirable.
- Accomplished and demonstrated professional communication skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits include 401-k deferral plan, medical and dental insurance, paid time off, and benefits provided by company policies.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to talk and/or listen with the ability to communicate well, use computer and keyboard on a thorough basis, capable of working on any site. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus, present materials, interact with customers on written materials, and travel to company and customer sites including industrial plant sites and multiple elevations of plant or agriculture sites, as well as travel and presentation at seminars. Duties frequently require some work at all hours of the day or night and often more than 40 hours per week.
This position description is subject to periodic review and is not meant to be an all-encompassing list of duties and responsibilities but to give general direction.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and a minimum of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.