Our people are our best asset! In addition to the specific positions we are currently looking to fill, we are always interested in finding people with talents and experience to complement our team. If you are interested in being a part of the Genera Energy team, let us hear from you: email@example.com.
Title Feedstock Production & Supply Manager
Location Vonore, TN
Reports to Chief Operating Officer
The Feedstock Production and Supply Manager of Genera shall be responsible for providing agricultural and managerial leadership for the Company’s feedstock supply, including business strategies to optimize feedstock supply, planning and developing feedstock supply projects and programs, and management of feedstock supply execution. Responsibilities of the position also include developing, implementing, and managing feedstock best practices for commercial energy crop and feedstock production, including land acquisition, establishment, management, harvesting, and site storage of biomass feedstocks. The Feedstock Production and Supply Manager operates across the Company’s portfolio of projects with responsibility for meeting the Company’s feedstock safety, production, cost and quality targets by managing, training, and auditing the employees, contractors, activities, and overall performance related to feedstock production and supply.
- Work with the COO and appropriate members of the management team to evaluate as appropriate customer or partner technologies and materials.
- Provide senior level leadership for large feedstock supply projects in which the company has a vested interest. Oversee implementation of commercial scale feedstock supply systems. See that project management skills and resources are implemented and provide the senior management team status of project timelines and projected cost working with project managers. Provide procurement oversight as needed.
- Responsible for supply operation at project sites: meet government regulations and internal standards, provide quality control meeting customer expectations, implement best practices and continuous improvement, assure appropriate yet competitive staffing, control costs, and execute management systems. Assist personnel with tasks as needed.
- Maintains knowledge and skill for equipment and processes assigned
- Manages and coordinates technician and field crew activity
- Performs maintenance planning, production & usage scheduling, and leads daily meetings as appropriate
- Analyzes data and keeps daily reports; coordinates with other sites and corporate office
- Controls project area site safety, security and plans with maintenance work, contractors, and site visitors
- Understands and controls environmental discharges such as storm water and maintains good manufacturing practices for all sites
- Leadership of site safety, hazard assessments, and compliance programs
- Works as a team, communicates well with all organizational levels
- Managing employees and contractor performance including results based activities with assignments, KPIs, log sheets, audits, and responsibility charts, safety performance, efficiency, training, hiring, and contract establishment. Evaluate future site possibilities for feedstock supply feasibility and make recommendations to the management team.
- Implementing, and managing feedstock best practices for commercial energy crops, wood, crop residuals, and feedstock production, including establishment, management, harvesting, and site storage of biomass.
- Responsible to provide assistance for land procurement policies.
- Build relationships with key customers as appropriate and instill confidence in the company’s ability to deliver economical and sustainable feedstocks to meet customer specifications and demands.
- Participate as appropriate with feasibility studies, financial modeling information, and budget information for future projects and evaluations.
- Perform leadership activities and projects, self-developed or assigned by the senior management team, and provide team support and leadership as needed with the senior management team for continuous improvement, business growth, and sound business practices especially related to the position summary.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience supervising operations including safety, production, quality, cost management, and personnel management systems; 5 years’ experience with land, biomass, and feedstock production; 5 years’ experience in project management.
- Minimum of B.S. Degree in a related field; agronomy, plant sciences, natural resources, engineering, or equivalent is preferred. Requires experience working with graduate degree professionals. Education in business or science is also desirable.
- Accomplished and demonstrated professional communication skills.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits include 401-k deferral plan, medical and dental insurance, paid time off, and benefits provided by company policies.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to talk and/or listen. The employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to grasp, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, to reach with hands and arms, climb ladders and stairs, balance, stoop, kneel and crouch and push or pull on objects. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. This position will require the use of safety equipment and clothing, including eye and hearing protection, hard hats, fall protection, respiratory protection and safety shoes. The employee will be required to operate farm equipment and other types of machinery in all weather and temperatures on site and in the field. Employee is required to maintain all required certification for such operation. Where noise levels exceed allowable limits, hearing protection is required and provided.
This position description is subject to periodic review and is not meant to be an all-encompassing list of duties and responsibilities budget to give general direction.
Please submit resume and cover letter by email to:
Or by mail to:
Genera Energy Inc.
167 Tellico Port Road
Vonore, TN 37885